Project Manager / Bilingual Chinese Mandarin Preferred (Financial District)
BESTWORK Holdings is a Property Management Company. It currently has a NY-based big size commercial building renovation project in downtown financial district, Manhattan. We are hiring a full-time permanent project manager with at least 15-year’s relevant experience.
• Manages all phases of project management including design, permitting, demolition, pre-construction, construction, occupancy, quality control, contract, and budgeting/invoice and schedule management.
• Oversee and participate in the development of requests for proposal, bids, contracts and estimates for construction. Negotiate contracts with architects, construction managers, expeditors, and other contractors.
• Keep management informed on progress of project and budget. Monitors expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget.
• Ensure all construction projects are completed to a high quality and on schedule.
• Manages project team by providing direction and leadership.
• Attend and contribute weekly project coordination meetings with project team members.
• Works closely with other functional areas of the organization, project contractors, internal team members, external collaborators, landlord representative, fed/state/local agency representatives, customers and suppliers.
• Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field; Master's degree preferred;
• Bilingual Chinese Mandarin speaker preferred;
• At least 15 years of working experience in real estate renovation project management in the NYC area, luxury hotel renovation experience preferred;
• Experience in renovation projects of more than $50MM required;
• Experience in demolition, pre-construction and construction;
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements and tools, materials and methods used in construction or repair of residential or commercial buildings;
• Knowledge of the local laws/regulations and the standard procedures;
• Must be self-motivated and have strong judgment and decision making with regards to the costs and benefits of actions;
• Be familiar with every related government department's working procedures and requirements;
• Be familiar with related projects' entire procedures and each step;
• Flexibility and organizational ability to simultaneously manage various tasks and projects in a high-performance environment;
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment;
• Must work effectively with a diverse group of employees in order to meet individual and team member stakeholder needs;
• Flexibility with working hours and travel as needed;
• Ability to lift 50 lbs;
• Valid US driver license required;
• U.S. citizenship or permanent residence required.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers